The Texas Thoroughbred Association will add a mixed session to its summer yearling sale scheduled Aug. 29 at Lone Star Park.
A Texas-bred daughter of Too Much Bling was purchased by Danny Keene for $95,000 to top the Texas 2-year-olds in training sale conducted by the Texas Thoroughbred Association April 4 at Lone Star Park.
The Texas Thoroughbred Association has issued a statement in the form of a letter to Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick regarding historical racing and the Texas Racing Commission's ability to move forward on the issue.
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Thoroughbred Racing, Thoroughbred Breeding, Thoroughbred Sales, Southwest Region
The Texas Thoroughbred Association has announced the establishment of a 2-year-olds in training sale to be held in April at Lone Star Park. The auction will be similar to the one held by Fasig-Tipton Texas in previous years.
Despite the threat of losing funding from the state, the Texas Racing Commission left in tact the regulations adopted earlier to establish historical race wagering.
The Texas Thoroughbred Association has asked racing regulators to drop efforts to repeal rules they adopted last year to govern historical race wagering at tracks in the state.
The Texas Thoroughbred Association is actively discussing other options and an announcement will be coming later in April about the continuation of Thoroughbred auctions in Texas.
The Paddock Foundation, a non-profit organization launched by the Texas Thoroughbred Association to support and advance Thoroughbred aftercare, will hold an event at Sam Houston Race Park next month.
The Fasig-Tipton Texas Yearling Sale has been moved to Oct. 13 from its originally scheduled date of Aug. 25, to be held at the Texas Thoroughbred Sales Pavilion on the grounds of Lone Star Park near Dallas.
Long-time Texas Thoroughbred Association employee Mary Ruyle has been promoted to executive director, a position she will take officially on Nov. 1.
The Texas Horse Racing Hall of Fame will honor those that have enriched the tradition of horse racing in Texas at its 10th annual gala Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf Berth for Birdie Gold
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds