The Texas Thoroughbred Association is actively discussing other options and an announcement will be coming later in April about the continuation of Thoroughbred auctions in Texas.
The Paddock Foundation, a non-profit organization launched by the Texas Thoroughbred Association to support and advance Thoroughbred aftercare, will hold an event at Sam Houston Race Park next month.
The Fasig-Tipton Texas Yearling Sale has been moved to Oct. 13 from its originally scheduled date of Aug. 25, to be held at the Texas Thoroughbred Sales Pavilion on the grounds of Lone Star Park near Dallas.
Long-time Texas Thoroughbred Association employee Mary Ruyle has been promoted to executive director, a position she will take officially on Nov. 1.
The Texas Horse Racing Hall of Fame will honor those that have enriched the tradition of horse racing in Texas at its 10th annual gala Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Zindaya Stretches Out in Perfect Sting Stakes
- Bill Lets New York OTBs Use Capital Funds
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win