The old warrior Evening Attire, a stakes winner at age 10 and earner of nearly $3 million, has been retired due to a suspensory injury, co-owners and breeders Tommy Kelly and Joseph and Mary Grant announced Sept. 28.
Nine-year-old gelding Evening Attire showed his best days are not behind him by winning the $104,900 Queens County Handicap (gr.III) by a head over Barcola Dec. 8 at Aqueduct.
Evening Attire showed once again that he likes Saratoga. The 6-year-old gelded son of Black Tie Affair squared off with last year's champion Funny Cide and Bowman's Band in the stretch and came home a five-length winner in the good time of 2:00.83 in the 1 1/4-mile Saratoga Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II).
Evening Attire finishes a remarkable year with an easy victory in the off-the-turf Red Smith Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- OBS Fall Sale to Include Horses of Racing Age
- Wednesday at Saratoga
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- TOBA Schedules Events in Saratoga Springs
- Equineline 'Pedigree Binder' Now Available
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Risk Factors for EIPH in Australian Racehorses Studied