Horse owner Mary Frances Rowe has lost the first round in her effort to force the California Horse Racing Board to produce a so-called "secret agreement" between the regulatory agency and trainer Frank Monteleone, but she vows to continue her legal fight.
California Horse Racing Board documents pertaining to an investigation of trainer Frank Monteleone were turned over June 17 to a Sacramento judge who will determine if the files should be protected from a Public Records Act request.
A determined California horse owner has turned to the courts in her attempt to force the California Horse Racing Board to produce records of its dealings with trainer Frank Monteleone during the investigation of a recently settled civil fraud case.
Most Popular Stories
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby
- Former KY Governor Seeking Third Oaks Win
- Churchill to Stream Derby, Oaks Workouts Live
- Bernardini Filly Shows Maturity in OBS Breeze
- 123Gaming Granted ADW License in Washington
- Mott Fights Denial of Assistant's Visa
- Deceptive Vision Wins Doubledogdare
- Brother to Eight Belles Gets Tesio Class Test