Horse owner Mary Frances Rowe has lost the first round in her effort to force the California Horse Racing Board to produce a so-called "secret agreement" between the regulatory agency and trainer Frank Monteleone, but she vows to continue her legal fight.
California Horse Racing Board documents pertaining to an investigation of trainer Frank Monteleone were turned over June 17 to a Sacramento judge who will determine if the files should be protected from a Public Records Act request.
A determined California horse owner has turned to the courts in her attempt to force the California Horse Racing Board to produce records of its dealings with trainer Frank Monteleone during the investigation of a recently settled civil fraud case.
Most Popular Stories
- Catalog Online for Barretts 2-Year-Old Sale
- Coalport Convincing Winner of Connally Cup
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup
- Lochte Triumphs in Tampa Bay Thriller
- Barbados Makes the Grade in Hutcheson
- Birdatthewire Soars to Easy Forward Gal Win
- Sugar Shock Takes American Beauty in Comeback