Horse owner Mary Frances Rowe has lost the first round in her effort to force the California Horse Racing Board to produce a so-called "secret agreement" between the regulatory agency and trainer Frank Monteleone, but she vows to continue her legal fight.
California Horse Racing Board documents pertaining to an investigation of trainer Frank Monteleone were turned over June 17 to a Sacramento judge who will determine if the files should be protected from a Public Records Act request.
A determined California horse owner has turned to the courts in her attempt to force the California Horse Racing Board to produce records of its dealings with trainer Frank Monteleone during the investigation of a recently settled civil fraud case.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field