Horse owner Mary Frances Rowe has lost the first round in her effort to force the California Horse Racing Board to produce a so-called "secret agreement" between the regulatory agency and trainer Frank Monteleone, but she vows to continue her legal fight.
California Horse Racing Board documents pertaining to an investigation of trainer Frank Monteleone were turned over June 17 to a Sacramento judge who will determine if the files should be protected from a Public Records Act request.
A determined California horse owner has turned to the courts in her attempt to force the California Horse Racing Board to produce records of its dealings with trainer Frank Monteleone during the investigation of a recently settled civil fraud case.
Most Popular Stories
- Star-Studded Group Nominated for Los Al Derby
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Power Alert Seeks Riches at Evangeline Downs
- That Handicapping Show: Belmont Preview
- Finley Files Suit Over New York THA Election
- Gulfstream, HBPA Hope to Bolster Summer Meets
- Handicapping a Little Bit of Everything
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping