In what jockey Xavier Perez called a wild ride, Spicer Cub bolted twice but kept running 'between the parked starting gate and the outside rail' to just miss winning the final race April 13 at Pimlico Race Course.
Hermosillo lit up the tote board on New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival Day at Monmouth Park Aug. 23, winning the $100,000 Charles Hesse III Handicap and paying $72.40 to give Eddie Broome his fourth winner of the day as a breeder.
Funny Cide broadsides his Preakness rivals in Baltimore by 9 3/4 lengths and the New York-bred heads to New York with a shot at the Triple Crown.
Quidnaskra tracked a slow early pace, pulled away on the second turn, and prevailed by three-quarters of a length to capture the $125,000 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Preakness undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact