Two-time champion steeplechase jockey Matt McCarron has been named the new trainer at the Pons family's Merryland Farm in Hydes, Md.
Trainer Mary Eppler began 2015 in style at Laurel Park when she saddled three winners the afternoon of Jan. 2.
In what jockey Xavier Perez called a wild ride, Spicer Cub bolted twice but kept running 'between the parked starting gate and the outside rail' to just miss winning the final race April 13 at Pimlico Race Course.
Hermosillo lit up the tote board on New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival Day at Monmouth Park Aug. 23, winning the $100,000 Charles Hesse III Handicap and paying $72.40 to give Eddie Broome his fourth winner of the day as a breeder.
Funny Cide broadsides his Preakness rivals in Baltimore by 9 3/4 lengths and the New York-bred heads to New York with a shot at the Triple Crown.
Quidnaskra tracked a slow early pace, pulled away on the second turn, and prevailed by three-quarters of a length to capture the $125,000 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Preakness undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- Daredevil, Frosted Post Final Works for Wood
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby