In what jockey Xavier Perez called a wild ride, Spicer Cub bolted twice but kept running 'between the parked starting gate and the outside rail' to just miss winning the final race April 13 at Pimlico Race Course.
Hermosillo lit up the tote board on New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival Day at Monmouth Park Aug. 23, winning the $100,000 Charles Hesse III Handicap and paying $72.40 to give Eddie Broome his fourth winner of the day as a breeder.
Funny Cide broadsides his Preakness rivals in Baltimore by 9 3/4 lengths and the New York-bred heads to New York with a shot at the Triple Crown.
Quidnaskra tracked a slow early pace, pulled away on the second turn, and prevailed by three-quarters of a length to capture the $125,000 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Preakness undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Breeders' Cup Ramps Up Recruiting in Europe
- NTRA Safety Alliance Re-Accredits Aqueduct
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Concern, Tuscalee Inducted into Maryland Hall
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree