In what jockey Xavier Perez called a wild ride, Spicer Cub bolted twice but kept running 'between the parked starting gate and the outside rail' to just miss winning the final race April 13 at Pimlico Race Course.
Hermosillo lit up the tote board on New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival Day at Monmouth Park Aug. 23, winning the $100,000 Charles Hesse III Handicap and paying $72.40 to give Eddie Broome his fourth winner of the day as a breeder.
Funny Cide broadsides his Preakness rivals in Baltimore by 9 3/4 lengths and the New York-bred heads to New York with a shot at the Triple Crown.
Quidnaskra tracked a slow early pace, pulled away on the second turn, and prevailed by three-quarters of a length to capture the $125,000 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Preakness undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban