Pennsylvania-bred 5-year-old Page McKenney, who needed 13 starts to break his maiden in claiming company two years ago, has developed into a legitimate competitor in graded stakes.
Two-time champion steeplechase jockey Matt McCarron has been named the new trainer at the Pons family's Merryland Farm in Hydes, Md.
Trainer Mary Eppler began 2015 in style at Laurel Park when she saddled three winners the afternoon of Jan. 2.
In what jockey Xavier Perez called a wild ride, Spicer Cub bolted twice but kept running 'between the parked starting gate and the outside rail' to just miss winning the final race April 13 at Pimlico Race Course.
Hermosillo lit up the tote board on New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival Day at Monmouth Park Aug. 23, winning the $100,000 Charles Hesse III Handicap and paying $72.40 to give Eddie Broome his fourth winner of the day as a breeder.
Funny Cide broadsides his Preakness rivals in Baltimore by 9 3/4 lengths and the New York-bred heads to New York with a shot at the Triple Crown.
Quidnaskra tracked a slow early pace, pulled away on the second turn, and prevailed by three-quarters of a length to capture the $125,000 Gallorette Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Preakness undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Site Read Favored in With Anticipation
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score