Chester and Mary Broman's Artemis Agrotera worked a half in a bullet :46.77 at Belmont Park Oct. 18. The Frizette Stakes (gr. I) winner is being prepared for a run at the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
The Fasig-Tipton New York-bred preferred yearling auction ended with an impressive display of financial fireworks Sunday evening in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
A New York bred won the $1 million Florida Derby (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park Saturday for the first time, but it wasn't Read the Footnotes. As the even-money favorite faded out of the money, 37-1 Friends Lake stormed from well off the pace to defeat a game Value Plus.
Chester and Mary Broman's Beautiful America overcame a troubled start, then came wide in the lane to overtake favored Combanchera and win the $100,000 Maid of the Mist for New York-bred, 2-year-old fillies by a half-length Saturday afternoon.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- 'Maria' Upstages Champ Untapable in Shuvee
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Gimme Da Lute Dominates Real Good Deal
- Texas Red, Frosted Likely to Meet in Travers
- Jim Dandy: Texas Red Denies Frosted
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Palace Malice Earns Bullet in Saratoga Breeze