Chester and Mary Broman's Artemis Agrotera worked a half in a bullet :46.77 at Belmont Park Oct. 18. The Frizette Stakes (gr. I) winner is being prepared for a run at the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
The Fasig-Tipton New York-bred preferred yearling auction ended with an impressive display of financial fireworks Sunday evening in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
A New York bred won the $1 million Florida Derby (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park Saturday for the first time, but it wasn't Read the Footnotes. As the even-money favorite faded out of the money, 37-1 Friends Lake stormed from well off the pace to defeat a game Value Plus.
Chester and Mary Broman's Beautiful America overcame a troubled start, then came wide in the lane to overtake favored Combanchera and win the $100,000 Maid of the Mist for New York-bred, 2-year-old fillies by a half-length Saturday afternoon.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released