Chester and Mary Broman's Artemis Agrotera worked a half in a bullet :46.77 at Belmont Park Oct. 18. The Frizette Stakes (gr. I) winner is being prepared for a run at the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
The Fasig-Tipton New York-bred preferred yearling auction ended with an impressive display of financial fireworks Sunday evening in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
A New York bred won the $1 million Florida Derby (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park Saturday for the first time, but it wasn't Read the Footnotes. As the even-money favorite faded out of the money, 37-1 Friends Lake stormed from well off the pace to defeat a game Value Plus.
Chester and Mary Broman's Beautiful America overcame a troubled start, then came wide in the lane to overtake favored Combanchera and win the $100,000 Maid of the Mist for New York-bred, 2-year-old fillies by a half-length Saturday afternoon.
Most Popular Stories
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- Delaware Park Cancels July 28 Racing Program
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Milestone Victory for Jockey Centeno
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee