Chester and Mary Broman's Artemis Agrotera worked a half in a bullet :46.77 at Belmont Park Oct. 18. The Frizette Stakes (gr. I) winner is being prepared for a run at the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
The Fasig-Tipton New York-bred preferred yearling auction ended with an impressive display of financial fireworks Sunday evening in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
A New York bred won the $1 million Florida Derby (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park Saturday for the first time, but it wasn't Read the Footnotes. As the even-money favorite faded out of the money, 37-1 Friends Lake stormed from well off the pace to defeat a game Value Plus.
Chester and Mary Broman's Beautiful America overcame a troubled start, then came wide in the lane to overtake favored Combanchera and win the $100,000 Maid of the Mist for New York-bred, 2-year-old fillies by a half-length Saturday afternoon.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Stahlbaum Wins Avelino Gomez Award
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York