Greinton, a leading West Coast runner in the mid-1980s, has died in Germany.
On a day when keynote speaker Tom Durkin said that memories are the greatest gift of our game, the memories came flooding back to the newest inductees of racing's Hall of Fame.
Cougar II, who is the first Chilean-bred to be inducted into the racing Hall of Fame, won or placed in 34 of 38 U.S. starts, but his popularity wasn't simply due to his fans leaving the betting windows happy. It was more of a case of cheering for a horse that tried hard time and time again.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- OBS April First Session Soars