Mary and Gary West’s Family Tree picked up her second consecutive graded stakes victory July 16 with a handy score in the $200,000 Indiana Oaks (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Indiana Grand Racing & Casino.
West Coast Belle kept her record perfect in three career starts for owners Gary and Mary West when coming from off the pace to take the $230,400 Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies Nov. 29 at Churchill Downs.
Title Contender broke through for his first stakes win in the Ohio Derby when he defeated a field of six challengers in the grade III affair at Thistledown July 27.
Stewards at Turfway Park have slapped trainer Bret Calhoun with a 30-day suspension after a horse in his care tested positive for the prohibited anti-hypertension drug Guanabenz following a win at Churchill Downs May 26.
John Sikura of Hill 'n' Dale Farm near Lexington has announced that Mongoose, the Grade I-winning son of perennial leading sire Broad Brush, who stood the 2003 season at Hill 'n' Dale, will be moved to Florida to stand the 2004 breeding season at William Schettine's Signature Stallions near Reddick, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement