Title Contender broke through for his first stakes win in the Ohio Derby when he defeated a field of six challengers in the grade III affair at Thistledown July 27.
Stewards at Turfway Park have slapped trainer Bret Calhoun with a 30-day suspension after a horse in his care tested positive for the prohibited anti-hypertension drug Guanabenz following a win at Churchill Downs May 26.
John Sikura of Hill 'n' Dale Farm near Lexington has announced that Mongoose, the Grade I-winning son of perennial leading sire Broad Brush, who stood the 2003 season at Hill 'n' Dale, will be moved to Florida to stand the 2004 breeding season at William Schettine's Signature Stallions near Reddick, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- Status Quo Dates for Illinois Racing in 2015
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps