Michael Moroney discusses his prospects for Caulfield Guineas Day. watch video
Under brisk urging from jockey Brice Blanc, favored Delta Princess drove to a half-length victory in the $164,550 Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday for her second consecutive graded stakes victory on the Churchill Downs lawn.
The British-bred mare Katdogawn has faced many of the most talented turf fillies and mares from the U.S. and around the world throughout her career and the quality of the company she has kept has helped make her the 8-5 morning line favorite for Saturday's 24th running of the $150,000-added Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Churchill Downs.
The wire came just in time for Valentine Dancer, who defended her title in the Cloverleaf Farms Filly & Mare Turf with an all-out effort in the $500,000 Sunshine Millions event at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
A B Noodle disposed of pace rival Hippogator on the turn and cruised to a front-running three-length victory in the $113,750 Yerba Buena Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr.IIIT) on the Bay Meadows turf Saturday.
Hall of Fame trainer Neil Drysdale will be at Bay Meadows Saturday to saddle Arabic Song in the $125,000 Yerba Buena Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- Tampa Bay Releases 2014-15 Stakes Schedule