Michael Moroney discusses his prospects for Caulfield Guineas Day. watch video
Under brisk urging from jockey Brice Blanc, favored Delta Princess drove to a half-length victory in the $164,550 Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday for her second consecutive graded stakes victory on the Churchill Downs lawn.
The British-bred mare Katdogawn has faced many of the most talented turf fillies and mares from the U.S. and around the world throughout her career and the quality of the company she has kept has helped make her the 8-5 morning line favorite for Saturday's 24th running of the $150,000-added Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Churchill Downs.
The wire came just in time for Valentine Dancer, who defended her title in the Cloverleaf Farms Filly & Mare Turf with an all-out effort in the $500,000 Sunshine Millions event at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
A B Noodle disposed of pace rival Hippogator on the turn and cruised to a front-running three-length victory in the $113,750 Yerba Buena Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr.IIIT) on the Bay Meadows turf Saturday.
Hall of Fame trainer Neil Drysdale will be at Bay Meadows Saturday to saddle Arabic Song in the $125,000 Yerba Buena Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- Keeping Pace: Galileo Proving Up to Challenge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 09/16/2014
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Fast Anna Gets Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion