Alan Landsburg was re-elected chairman of the Thoroughbred Owners of California by the board of directors July 22.
Ron Charles has stepped down as chairman and as a member of the board of the Thoroughbred Owners of California to pursue other business interests he believes won't permit him to remain active, the TOC announced Oct. 1.
Explicit, who won three stakes and ran second in another in a four-race span, has been retired and will enter stud at Pope McLean's Crestwood Farm near Lexington.
Trainer Craig Dollase says all systems are go for Swept Overboard going to the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) Oct. 26 at Arlington Park, following the 5-year-old's fourth-place finish as the 9-10 favorite in the Ancient Title (gr.I) Saturday at Santa Anita.
Oberwald, winner of the Haggin Stakes with Victor Espinoza aboard, will get a new rider in Eddie Delahoussaye for Saturday's $100,000 Hollywood Juvenlie Championship (gr. III). In his last start on Father's Day, June 16, Oberwald won the Haggin Stakes, the same race his sire, Swiss Yodeler, captured in 1996.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Court Ruling Important in Hobby Law Tax Cases
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite