Irish-bred Hoh Buzzard gained command in the stretch of the $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap, repelling a late challenge from Uraib to win the closing-day feature by 1 1/4 lengths on the grass at Golden Gate Fields Sunday.
Scrofa, in her fourth start since being claimed for $62,500, posted a convincing victory in the $100,000 Work The Crowd Handicap for California-bred fillies and mares at Golden Gate Fields Sunday.
Harris Farms' homebred Super High won for the first time since November 2002, edging away to a 2 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $100,000 Work The Crowd Handicap at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Kaigun Makes 2015 Debut in Arcadia Stakes
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- The Horse Who Changed the Triple Crown
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- Secret Circle Part of Salty Palos Verdes Cast
- Ocean Knight, Catalina Red Top Sam F. Davis