Irish-bred Hoh Buzzard gained command in the stretch of the $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap, repelling a late challenge from Uraib to win the closing-day feature by 1 1/4 lengths on the grass at Golden Gate Fields Sunday.
Scrofa, in her fourth start since being claimed for $62,500, posted a convincing victory in the $100,000 Work The Crowd Handicap for California-bred fillies and mares at Golden Gate Fields Sunday.
Harris Farms' homebred Super High won for the first time since November 2002, edging away to a 2 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $100,000 Work The Crowd Handicap at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Cuomo Plan Asks New York Racing to Pay for Drug Testing
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario