Irish-bred Hoh Buzzard gained command in the stretch of the $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap, repelling a late challenge from Uraib to win the closing-day feature by 1 1/4 lengths on the grass at Golden Gate Fields Sunday.
Scrofa, in her fourth start since being claimed for $62,500, posted a convincing victory in the $100,000 Work The Crowd Handicap for California-bred fillies and mares at Golden Gate Fields Sunday.
Harris Farms' homebred Super High won for the first time since November 2002, edging away to a 2 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $100,000 Work The Crowd Handicap at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- New Withholding, Reporting Rules Near Enactment
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Richard's Kid Gets First Winner at Del Mar