The appeal of first-year sires for buyers at the Keeneland September yearling sale, which waned during the Great Recession, seems to be making a comeback in 2013.
Optimism is high heading into the 12-day Keeneland September yearling sale. A new four-day format for Book One greets buyers and sellers beginning Sept. 9.
Dramatic upswings in stud fees for 2012 aren't expected, but some successful stallions will be priced higher.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- A New Brand of Hero
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby