The appeal of first-year sires for buyers at the Keeneland September yearling sale, which waned during the Great Recession, seems to be making a comeback in 2013.
Optimism is high heading into the 12-day Keeneland September yearling sale. A new four-day format for Book One greets buyers and sellers beginning Sept. 9.
Dramatic upswings in stud fees for 2012 aren't expected, but some successful stallions will be priced higher.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Producer My Flag Dies at Claiborne
- Haskin: Art Sherman, Dave Erb 'Swap' Stories
- Game On Dude Arrives for Charles Town Classic
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/14/2014
- Blue Grass Runner-Up Medal Count Derby Bound
- 2014 Stallion Showcase
- 'A Not-To-Be-Missed Uptown Society Event'
- Fillies Sparkle in Furlong Drills at OBS
- Barretts May Sale Catalog Now Online
- Hamilton Joins Darby Dan Farm