The appeal of first-year sires for buyers at the Keeneland September yearling sale, which waned during the Great Recession, seems to be making a comeback in 2013.
Optimism is high heading into the 12-day Keeneland September yearling sale. A new four-day format for Book One greets buyers and sellers beginning Sept. 9.
Dramatic upswings in stud fees for 2012 aren't expected, but some successful stallions will be priced higher.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill