Clarkland Farm hit another home run at the Keeneland September yearling sale when a half brother to three-time champion Beholder and to grade I winner and sire Into Mischief was purchased by M. V. Magnier for Coolmore interests for $3 million.
The appeal of first-year sires for buyers at the Keeneland September yearling sale, which waned during the Great Recession, seems to be making a comeback in 2013.
Optimism is high heading into the 12-day Keeneland September yearling sale. A new four-day format for Book One greets buyers and sellers beginning Sept. 9.
Dramatic upswings in stud fees for 2012 aren't expected, but some successful stallions will be priced higher.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares