Clarkland Farm hit another home run at the Keeneland September yearling sale when a half brother to three-time champion Beholder and to grade I winner and sire Into Mischief was purchased by M. V. Magnier for Coolmore interests for $3 million.
The appeal of first-year sires for buyers at the Keeneland September yearling sale, which waned during the Great Recession, seems to be making a comeback in 2013.
Optimism is high heading into the 12-day Keeneland September yearling sale. A new four-day format for Book One greets buyers and sellers beginning Sept. 9.
Dramatic upswings in stud fees for 2012 aren't expected, but some successful stallions will be priced higher.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen