The appeal of first-year sires for buyers at the Keeneland September yearling sale, which waned during the Great Recession, seems to be making a comeback in 2013.
Optimism is high heading into the 12-day Keeneland September yearling sale. A new four-day format for Book One greets buyers and sellers beginning Sept. 9.
Dramatic upswings in stud fees for 2012 aren't expected, but some successful stallions will be priced higher.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- Grade I Winner La Tia Retired
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27
- Cooperative, Monarch End Simulcast Dispute
- American Trainers Approve Meydan Move to Dirt
- Casners Aim to Add Chapter to Dubai Success
- Stellar Wind Striking for Curlin
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized