Marty and Pam Wygod's homebred Harmonious, 10th in last year's Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) is back with trainer John Shirreffs for another run at the brass ring.
It is said that cats have nine lives. The connections of Courageous Cat are hoping that a second chance is enough. The regally bred 5-year-old will again face Goldikova in the Breeders' Cup Mile.
- By Ray Paulick
The 2004 2-year-old filly champion, Sweet Catomine, whose fifth-place finish as the favorite in the April 9 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) was followed by a controversy over her physical condition, has been retired.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions