Marty and Pam Wygod's homebred Harmonious, 10th in last year's Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) is back with trainer John Shirreffs for another run at the brass ring.
It is said that cats have nine lives. The connections of Courageous Cat are hoping that a second chance is enough. The regally bred 5-year-old will again face Goldikova in the Breeders' Cup Mile.
- By Ray Paulick
The 2004 2-year-old filly champion, Sweet Catomine, whose fifth-place finish as the favorite in the April 9 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) was followed by a controversy over her physical condition, has been retired.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile