Marty and Pam Wygod's homebred Harmonious, 10th in last year's Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) is back with trainer John Shirreffs for another run at the brass ring.
It is said that cats have nine lives. The connections of Courageous Cat are hoping that a second chance is enough. The regally bred 5-year-old will again face Goldikova in the Breeders' Cup Mile.
- By Ray Paulick
The 2004 2-year-old filly champion, Sweet Catomine, whose fifth-place finish as the favorite in the April 9 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) was followed by a controversy over her physical condition, has been retired.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- 'Crook' 50th Black-Type Winner for Freud
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator