A U.S. district court has thrown out litigation brought by former Thoroughbred owner/breeder Ed Martin Jr. against trainers Randy Klopp and Joe Davis.
Ed Martin Jr., has filed a federal suit against the Indiana Horse Racing Commission stemming from an investigation into horses kept at his farm in Florida.
Spanish Steps sired his first winner July 24, when his daughter Spanish Ice won the fifth race at Del Mar by 1 3/4 lengths.
Eddie Martin's goal is to develop a successful stallion, and he's close to achieving his dream with Spanish Steps, whose first foals race next year.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. got off to a solid start, setting a record for median during its select session.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. August yearling sale roared out of the starting gate Monday in Central Florida, setting records for gross revenue and average price for its select portion.
Stakes-placed Conscience Clear sired his first winner from his first starter when his son Individual King won July 12
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Retired Trainer Dutton Dies at 87
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Texas Reports Five Encephalitis Cases
- Loooch Racing on the Lookout for Top Horses
- Smart Transition Powers Home in Curlin
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case