Jockey Steve Bahen collected his 1,000th lifetime score aboard Queen's Plate hopeful Dave The Knave in Woodbine's second race on Friday afternoon, one day after fellow rider Martin Ramirez reached the same milestone at the Toronto oval.
Favored Pembroke Hall won the $50,000 Rocket Man at Calder Race Course Saturday as two-time Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) winner Caller One finished third in his first race since May 11,2002.
Fort Erie concluded its 2002 live season with an increase in everything from handle to purse amounts to the number of races conducted.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win