Jockey Steve Bahen collected his 1,000th lifetime score aboard Queen's Plate hopeful Dave The Knave in Woodbine's second race on Friday afternoon, one day after fellow rider Martin Ramirez reached the same milestone at the Toronto oval.
Favored Pembroke Hall won the $50,000 Rocket Man at Calder Race Course Saturday as two-time Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) winner Caller One finished third in his first race since May 11,2002.
Fort Erie concluded its 2002 live season with an increase in everything from handle to purse amounts to the number of races conducted.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Welfare and Safety Summit Set for June 28
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector