Britain's National Hunt season for 2004/2005 ended in rancor April 23 when trainer Martin Pipe was accused of jeopardizing the welfare of his horses in his attempt to win a 10th successive trainers' championship.
Tony McCoy, 27, has broken possibly Britain's greatest racing record of them all: Sir Gordon Richards seasonal tally of 269 winners, achieved in 1947. After a week of frustration during which he edged toward the record at a snail's pace, McCoy passed the landmark with a three-win afternoon at Warwick on April 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness