Three-year-old Naskra Nick was euthanized after sustaining an injury to his left front leg during the running of the 10th race, a maiden $25,000 claimer at Del Mar Saturday, starting a three-horse spill during the running of the 6 1/2-furlong heat.
Rags to riches Bluesthestandard became a multiple graded stakes winner Saturday with an authoritative four-length score over Bonapaw in the $300,000 Texas Mile (gr. III) at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Fourteen 3-year-olds, including a pair of also-eligibles, have been entered for Sunday's $100,000 Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) at 6 1/2 furlongs on turf at Santa Anita Park.
Jockey Martin Pedroza was handed two five-day suspensions for his part in a pair of disqualifications at Hollywood Park on Dec. 1.
Men's Exclusive, the 9-year-old gelding who won the last two runnings of Hollywood Park's $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood (gr. III), will seek an unprecedented third victory in Saturday's 22nd running of the six-furlong stakes event.
Martin Pedroza, leading rider during the current Fairplex meet at the Los Angeles County Fair in Pomona, escaped without injury following a nasty spill in the sixth race Friday, then dusted himself off and won each of the next two races.
Martin Pedroza has accomplished much in his career of more than 20 years, but he has yet to attain the world class recognition of his peers in the Southern California jockey colony.
Jockey Martin Pedroza won each of the first four races of Wednesday's eight-race program at Santa Anita and just missed adding a fifth when beaten by a nose in the sixth race.
Continued from part 1
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Illinois Gaming Plans Would Slice Racing Aid
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio