Fourteen 3-year-olds, including a pair of also-eligibles, have been entered for Sunday's $100,000 Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) at 6 1/2 furlongs on turf at Santa Anita Park.
Jockey Martin Pedroza was handed two five-day suspensions for his part in a pair of disqualifications at Hollywood Park on Dec. 1.
Men's Exclusive, the 9-year-old gelding who won the last two runnings of Hollywood Park's $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood (gr. III), will seek an unprecedented third victory in Saturday's 22nd running of the six-furlong stakes event.
Martin Pedroza, leading rider during the current Fairplex meet at the Los Angeles County Fair in Pomona, escaped without injury following a nasty spill in the sixth race Friday, then dusted himself off and won each of the next two races.
Martin Pedroza has accomplished much in his career of more than 20 years, but he has yet to attain the world class recognition of his peers in the Southern California jockey colony.
Jockey Martin Pedroza won each of the first four races of Wednesday's eight-race program at Santa Anita and just missed adding a fifth when beaten by a nose in the sixth race.
Continued from part 1
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- Chasing Landaluce
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Jockey De La Cruz Registers 1,000th Victory
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa