Vicky Schowe's homebred Sloane Ranger upset the $150,000 Donald LeVine Memorial Handicap by a neck at Parx Racing June 23, while 2011 Wood Memorial winner Toby's Corner finished fourth.
Presidentialaffair took control out of the gate and never looked back, winning the $100,000 Salvator Mile (gr. III) by a length at Monmouth Park on Sunday.
Vincent Papandrea's Little Matth Man, last most of the way, gobbled up the muddy inner dirt track at Aqueduct on Saturday afternoon, and rallied for an upset victory in the $82,875 Whirlaway for 3-year-olds at a mile and a sixteenth.
Presidentialaffair earned his first career stakes win with a gate-to-wire victory in the $110,300 Stuyvesant Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park Tuesday.
Shadwell Stable's Almuhathir, who missed time over the summer because of nagging foot problems, figures to be a fair price Tuesday on Aqueduct's special Veterans' Day card when he starts in the $100,000 Stuyvesant (gr. III) at 1 1/8 mile.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate