Greg Nichols, chief executive of the British Horseracing Board for the past four years, will relinquish the post of running British racing's ruling body later this year.
Participants in U.S. and European racing, including some who trained for and worked closely with the late Sheikh Maktoum, have expressed surprise and sorrow over the prominent horse owner and breeder's death Wednesday of an apparent heart attack at age 62.
A ruling in the British Court Of Appeal against the British Horseracing Board has finally sunk the financial strategy being pursued by racing's rulers since 2000.
The British Horseracing Board's future funding strategy was thrown into disarray when the European Court of Justice Nov. 9 ruled in favor of bookmaker William Hill's challenge over database rights.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents
- BHA Levies Heavy Penalties Against Three
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Stryker Phd Smart Choice in Longacres Mile
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Captain Serious, Empire Dreams Head Showcase
- Filly is First Winner for Justenuffhumor