Affirmed, Spectacular Bid, and John Henry starred in the golden era of the Santa Anita Handicap (1979-89). View Slideshow
Let others worry about track conditions and post positions. Trainer Julio Canani has adopted the "What, Me Worry" stance made famous by Alfred E. Neuman as the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships approach.
Martin Pedroza has accomplished much in his career of more than 20 years, but he has yet to attain the world class recognition of his peers in the Southern California jockey colony.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses