Few connections wanted to face Take Charge Brandi, but in the end a field of seven was drawn with the champion 2-year-old filly making her sophomore debut from post 6 under a highweight assignment of 122 pounds.
Champion 2-year-old filly Take Charge Brandi will get a new rider when she makes her sophomore debut Jan. 31 at Oaklawn Park, Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas said.
Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas had planned to take his time with Take Charge Brandi, but the finalist for champion 2-year-old filly of 2014 has other ideas.
Triple Crown Talk blog, with host Jason Shandler, interviews Hal Wiggins, trainer of Rachel Alexandra. Will it be the Derby or the Oaks for this talented filly?
Live racing in the heart of Hot Springs, Ark., kicks off Jan. 18 as the 56-day Thoroughbred meet gets under way at Oaklawn Park. The historic facility first hosted racing in 1905.
K.K. and Devi Jayaraman's homebred filly, Explosive Beauty, pulled away to a lopsided victory in the $50,000 Martha Washington Stakes on Monday at Oaklawn before the season's largest crowd of 23,253.
After a review, the American Graded Stakes Committee has ruled that the July 27 Martha Washington Stakes lost its grade III status this year.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Penn National Gaming Reports Losses for 2014