Nine Keys, one of the top racemares of 1994, was euthanized March 22 because of foaling complications.
Martha Gerry, who campaigned three-time Horse of the Year and Hall of Fame member Forego, died Sept. 17 following heart surgery in New York.
John T. von Stade, the longest-tenured president in the history of the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., completed 16 years of service Aug. 11 and was named chairman of the museum's Board of Trustees.
Most Popular Stories
- EquiLottery, AmTote in Strategic Relationship
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- EVA Vaccines: What You Need to Know
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park