The California Horse Racing Board Tuesday suspended jockey Patrick Valenzuela for four months, with three months' credit for time served, and ordered the rider to serve out his remaining 30 days during the month of June.
- By Victor Ryan
The California Horse Racing Board's decision earlier this year to suspend the rule that would allow jockey advertising for this year's Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Santa Anita Park was described as "bush league" June 17 by the founder of Jockeys Management Group.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- New York OKs Full Casino for Tioga Downs
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp