The California Horse Racing Board Tuesday suspended jockey Patrick Valenzuela for four months, with three months' credit for time served, and ordered the rider to serve out his remaining 30 days during the month of June.
- By Victor Ryan
The California Horse Racing Board's decision earlier this year to suspend the rule that would allow jockey advertising for this year's Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Santa Anita Park was described as "bush league" June 17 by the founder of Jockeys Management Group.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny