Majestic Affair lived up to his 2-5 odds when he romped to a 5 3/4-length win in the $100,000 Frank Whiteley Jr. Stakes over seven rival 3-year-olds Jan. 29 at Laurel Park.
Tim O'Donohue's Governmentshutdown and Hillwood Stable's Golden Years share highweight assignment Jan. 24 for the $100,000 Frank Whiteley Jr. Stakes, while O'Donohue also has Lake Sebago in the $100,000 Marshua for fillies.
Giant Oak, Vox Populi Award, Zazu and more from a weekend of racing! View Slideshow
As Laurel Park digs out from a pair of massive snow storms, the Maryland Jockey Club will run four stakes races Presidents Day, including the General George and Barbara Fritchie Handicaps (both gr. II).
Barbara Fritchie (gr. II) and John B. Campbell Handicaps moved to Feb. 15.
Rush To Glory won Saturday's $50,000 Marshua Stakes at Pimlico Race Course by way of disqualification.
Just as expected, the $60,000 Marshua Stakes turned out to be a two-horse race with Among My Souvenirs beating Forestier in a furious drive to the wire.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Carr Released From Hospital After Surgery
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Derby All About Opportunity for Bolo, Gaines
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout