M M G Racing Stable's Never Gone South returned to the bounced back from two tough stakes losses in a big way Jan. 16 when romping away to 7 1/4-length victory in the $75,000 Frank Whiteley Jr. Stakes at Laurel Park.
M M G Racing Stable' Never Gone South and Harry and Tom Meyerhoff's Marengo Road are among seven 3-year-olds entered for the Frank Whiteley Jr. Stakes, one of a trio of $75,000 races set to run Jan. 16 at Laurel Park.
Majestic Affair lived up to his 2-5 odds when he romped to a 5 3/4-length win in the $100,000 Frank Whiteley Jr. Stakes over seven rival 3-year-olds Jan. 29 at Laurel Park.
Tim O'Donohue's Governmentshutdown and Hillwood Stable's Golden Years share highweight assignment Jan. 24 for the $100,000 Frank Whiteley Jr. Stakes, while O'Donohue also has Lake Sebago in the $100,000 Marshua for fillies.
Giant Oak, Vox Populi Award, Zazu and more from a weekend of racing! View Slideshow
As Laurel Park digs out from a pair of massive snow storms, the Maryland Jockey Club will run four stakes races Presidents Day, including the General George and Barbara Fritchie Handicaps (both gr. II).
Barbara Fritchie (gr. II) and John B. Campbell Handicaps moved to Feb. 15.
Rush To Glory won Saturday's $50,000 Marshua Stakes at Pimlico Race Course by way of disqualification.
Just as expected, the $60,000 Marshua Stakes turned out to be a two-horse race with Among My Souvenirs beating Forestier in a furious drive to the wire.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity