M M G Racing Stable's Never Gone South returned to the bounced back from two tough stakes losses in a big way Jan. 16 when romping away to 7 1/4-length victory in the $75,000 Frank Whiteley Jr. Stakes at Laurel Park.
M M G Racing Stable' Never Gone South and Harry and Tom Meyerhoff's Marengo Road are among seven 3-year-olds entered for the Frank Whiteley Jr. Stakes, one of a trio of $75,000 races set to run Jan. 16 at Laurel Park.
Majestic Affair lived up to his 2-5 odds when he romped to a 5 3/4-length win in the $100,000 Frank Whiteley Jr. Stakes over seven rival 3-year-olds Jan. 29 at Laurel Park.
Tim O'Donohue's Governmentshutdown and Hillwood Stable's Golden Years share highweight assignment Jan. 24 for the $100,000 Frank Whiteley Jr. Stakes, while O'Donohue also has Lake Sebago in the $100,000 Marshua for fillies.
Giant Oak, Vox Populi Award, Zazu and more from a weekend of racing! View Slideshow
As Laurel Park digs out from a pair of massive snow storms, the Maryland Jockey Club will run four stakes races Presidents Day, including the General George and Barbara Fritchie Handicaps (both gr. II).
Barbara Fritchie (gr. II) and John B. Campbell Handicaps moved to Feb. 15.
Rush To Glory won Saturday's $50,000 Marshua Stakes at Pimlico Race Course by way of disqualification.
Just as expected, the $60,000 Marshua Stakes turned out to be a two-horse race with Among My Souvenirs beating Forestier in a furious drive to the wire.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al