Danzig, who topped the general sires list from 1991-93, was euthanized Jan. 3 at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., because of the infirmities of old age.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Pennsylvania horseman Marshall Jenney, who bred leading sire Danzig in partnership, died Sunday at Johns Hopkins Medical Center in Baltimore after a brief illness. Jenney, who also bred English and Irish champion Mrs. Penny and millionaire Yankee Affair, was 60.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY