Danzig, who topped the general sires list from 1991-93, was euthanized Jan. 3 at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., because of the infirmities of old age.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Pennsylvania horseman Marshall Jenney, who bred leading sire Danzig in partnership, died Sunday at Johns Hopkins Medical Center in Baltimore after a brief illness. Jenney, who also bred English and Irish champion Mrs. Penny and millionaire Yankee Affair, was 60.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement
- Thunderstorm Forces Ellis to Cancel Races