Danzig, who topped the general sires list from 1991-93, was euthanized Jan. 3 at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., because of the infirmities of old age.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Pennsylvania horseman Marshall Jenney, who bred leading sire Danzig in partnership, died Sunday at Johns Hopkins Medical Center in Baltimore after a brief illness. Jenney, who also bred English and Irish champion Mrs. Penny and millionaire Yankee Affair, was 60.
Most Popular Stories
- Bolo Thrives in Return to Turf at Santa Anita
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Son Wins 'Lopez Battle' at Golden Gate Fields
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- New Bay, Karaktar Among 14 for French Derby
- Wonder Again Next Step for Unbeaten Lady Eli