Danzig, who topped the general sires list from 1991-93, was euthanized Jan. 3 at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., because of the infirmities of old age.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Pennsylvania horseman Marshall Jenney, who bred leading sire Danzig in partnership, died Sunday at Johns Hopkins Medical Center in Baltimore after a brief illness. Jenney, who also bred English and Irish champion Mrs. Penny and millionaire Yankee Affair, was 60.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan Kentucky Derby Bid
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George