Starlet of Mine made all the pace and romped to an open-lengths triumph June 21 in the fourth race at Charles Town, becoming the first winner for Central Kentucky sire Discreetly Mine.
Scrappy T, a distant third behind Bellamy Road in the Wood Memorial (gr. I) three weeks ago, found Saturday's $150,000 Withers (gr. III) more to his liking. The Fit to Fight gelding seized the lead from War Plan at the quarter pole and outlasted Park Avenue Ball for a one-length victory at foggy Aqueduct Park Saturday.
Dismissed at odds of 11-1, Marshall E. Dowell's Scrappy T, shook away from an early pace duel and then held off favored Naughty New Yorker by a length to win Saturday's $83,175 Count Fleet for 3-year-olds at a mile and seventy yards.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham