Starlet of Mine made all the pace and romped to an open-lengths triumph June 21 in the fourth race at Charles Town, becoming the first winner for Central Kentucky sire Discreetly Mine.
Scrappy T, a distant third behind Bellamy Road in the Wood Memorial (gr. I) three weeks ago, found Saturday's $150,000 Withers (gr. III) more to his liking. The Fit to Fight gelding seized the lead from War Plan at the quarter pole and outlasted Park Avenue Ball for a one-length victory at foggy Aqueduct Park Saturday.
Dismissed at odds of 11-1, Marshall E. Dowell's Scrappy T, shook away from an early pace duel and then held off favored Naughty New Yorker by a length to win Saturday's $83,175 Count Fleet for 3-year-olds at a mile and seventy yards.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Seasoned Sprinters Fill Churchill Downs S.
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Vitali Seeks to Get Florida License Restored