Checked twice in the final 250 meters, Japan's star mare Gentildonna showed just what she's made of March 29 in winning the $5 million Dubai Sheema Classic (UAE-I) in course-record time at Meydan Racecourse.
The most successful international trainer on Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) night, with a remarkable nine winners, South African Mike de Kock will saddle eight runners for the March 29 card at Meydan.
Late-developing Al Kazeem unleashed his powerful acceleration in the straight and scored his third successive group I win of the year in the Coral Eclipse Stakes July 6 at Sandown.
Godolphin Racing's Dawn Approach battled Toronado in the closing stages of the St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng-I) and narrowly won in a thrilling finish June 18 at Royal Ascot.
Dawn Approach and Magician, the respective English and Irish Two Thousand Guineas winners, look set to clash in the St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng-I) June 18 at Royal Ascot in what may well be the defining race of the meet.
Unbeaten Dawn Approach will have 11 challengers as the favorite for the 234th Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I) June 1.
Godolphin's undefeated European champion Dawn Approach will make his highly anticipated 2013 debut in the QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I), the first classic of the European season May 4 at Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Check Ligament Surgery Helps Racehorses with SDFT Injuries
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse