Checked twice in the final 250 meters, Japan's star mare Gentildonna showed just what she's made of March 29 in winning the $5 million Dubai Sheema Classic (UAE-I) in course-record time at Meydan Racecourse.
The most successful international trainer on Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) night, with a remarkable nine winners, South African Mike de Kock will saddle eight runners for the March 29 card at Meydan.
Late-developing Al Kazeem unleashed his powerful acceleration in the straight and scored his third successive group I win of the year in the Coral Eclipse Stakes July 6 at Sandown.
Godolphin Racing's Dawn Approach battled Toronado in the closing stages of the St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng-I) and narrowly won in a thrilling finish June 18 at Royal Ascot.
Dawn Approach and Magician, the respective English and Irish Two Thousand Guineas winners, look set to clash in the St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng-I) June 18 at Royal Ascot in what may well be the defining race of the meet.
Unbeaten Dawn Approach will have 11 challengers as the favorite for the 234th Investec Epsom Derby (Eng-I) June 1.
Godolphin's undefeated European champion Dawn Approach will make his highly anticipated 2013 debut in the QIPCO Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I), the first classic of the European season May 4 at Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered