Team Valor International reached a major milestone July 30 when Blossom d'Orange provided the 1,000th win for a partnership formed by Barry Irwin, scoring by five lengths in the Produccion Nacional (Uru-III) at Maronas in Uruguay.
The winner is owned by Stud 3 Enero, who won the Uruguayan Triple Crown in 2005 with Invasor, who was North America's Horse of the Year in 2006.
Breeders hope imported stallions will improve stock. Read the full feature in the March 7, 2015 issue of Blood-Horse Magazine. view slideshow
- By Ryan Conley
Patrons of Maryland Jockey Club simulcast signals will have a full-time opportunity to bet on races from South America starting Dec. 29, by virtue of an agreement announced Dec. 6 at the 33rd Racing & Gaming Symposium in Tucson, Ariz.
Two group I fixtures from Uruguay's Maronas National Racetrack simulcast into the United States on Thursday handled an impressive $424,054, buoyed by an enthusiastic response from players in California.
North American fans will have a rare opportunity to wager on a pair of Uruguayan group I races from Maronas National Racetrack Thursday.
Maroñas racetrack in Uruguay has been granted approval for entry into part two of the International Cataloguing Standards and International Statistics beginning in 2004.
A sold-out crowd of more than 10,000, including Uruguay President Jorge Batlle, welcomed back horse racing to Maroñas National Racetrack in Montevideo.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Broken Pelvis Causes Charismatic's Death
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- White Beauty Lineage
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby