Team Valor International reached a major milestone July 30 when Blossom d'Orange provided the 1,000th win for a partnership formed by Barry Irwin, scoring by five lengths in the Produccion Nacional (Uru-III) at Maronas in Uruguay.
The winner is owned by Stud 3 Enero, who won the Uruguayan Triple Crown in 2005 with Invasor, who was North America's Horse of the Year in 2006.
Breeders hope imported stallions will improve stock. Read the full feature in the March 7, 2015 issue of Blood-Horse Magazine. view slideshow
- By Ryan Conley
Patrons of Maryland Jockey Club simulcast signals will have a full-time opportunity to bet on races from South America starting Dec. 29, by virtue of an agreement announced Dec. 6 at the 33rd Racing & Gaming Symposium in Tucson, Ariz.
Two group I fixtures from Uruguay's Maronas National Racetrack simulcast into the United States on Thursday handled an impressive $424,054, buoyed by an enthusiastic response from players in California.
North American fans will have a rare opportunity to wager on a pair of Uruguayan group I races from Maronas National Racetrack Thursday.
Maroñas racetrack in Uruguay has been granted approval for entry into part two of the International Cataloguing Standards and International Statistics beginning in 2004.
A sold-out crowd of more than 10,000, including Uruguay President Jorge Batlle, welcomed back horse racing to Maroñas National Racetrack in Montevideo.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares