Patrons of Maryland Jockey Club simulcast signals will have a full-time opportunity to bet on races from South America starting Dec. 29, by virtue of an agreement announced Dec. 6 at the 33rd Racing & Gaming Symposium in Tucson, Ariz.
Two group I fixtures from Uruguay's Maronas National Racetrack simulcast into the United States on Thursday handled an impressive $424,054, buoyed by an enthusiastic response from players in California.
North American fans will have a rare opportunity to wager on a pair of Uruguayan group I races from Maronas National Racetrack Thursday.
Maroñas racetrack in Uruguay has been granted approval for entry into part two of the International Cataloguing Standards and International Statistics beginning in 2004.
A sold-out crowd of more than 10,000, including Uruguay President Jorge Batlle, welcomed back horse racing to Maroñas National Racetrack in Montevideo.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online