Trainer Todd Pletcher already had a potential starter for the Aug. 20 Alabama (gr. I) in Spun Sugar, winner of the Black Eyed Susan (gr. II), but the leading Saratoga trainer believes you can never have too many top fillies and is considering sending Indian Vale to challenge her stablemate.
The first foal for Eugene Melnyk's grade I winner Marley Vale (by Forty Niner) is an A.P. filly foaled Feb. 2 at Windfields Farm in Ontario, Canada.
Graded stakes-winning distaffers Marley Vale and Pico Teneriffe have been retired from racing, according to owner Eugene Melnyk. Marley Vale, whose big win came in the 1999 Test Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga, will be bred to A.P. Indy, and Pico Teneriffe will visit the court of Danzig.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- New York Owner/Breeder Bomze Dies at 76
- Maryland-Based Owner Heft Dies at 94