The Mike Bass-trained Fly By Night won the Mercury Sprint (SAf-I) at Clairwood Park July 12, and in the process, became the second filly in a row to win Kwa-Zulu Natal's premier weight-for-age sprint.
South Africa's reigning champion sprinter What A Winter was shockingly defeated in the final start of his illustrious career, finishing third in the Mercury Sprint (SAf-I) July 13 at Clairwood Park.
During a day of high prices that helped lift average, a son of successful South African sire Silvano topped the opening session of the 2013 Cape Premier Yearling Sale, the first sale of the year in South Africa.
South African Horse of the Year Variety Club, narrowly beaten in last year's L'Ormarins Queen's Plate (SAf-I), would not be denied this year when scoring a clear victory Jan. 12 at Kenilworth in Cape Town.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Calumet to Sponsor KY Downs Juvenile Stakes
- 375 Cataloged for F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Wally's Choice Among Four for Canterbury HOF
- Travers Overnight Rating Best Since 2004
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines