Markus and Ingrid Jooste's Legal Eagle silenced doubters when he cut back in distance to win the one-mile L'Ormarins Queen's Plate (SAf-I) Jan. 9 at Kenilworth.
Talented 4-year-old Captain of All showed his class in no uncertain terms when defying top weight to land the Tsogo Sun Sprint (SAf-I) at Scottsville on Sunday.
Two-time South African Horse Of The Year Variety Club has been retired from racing and will return home to South Africa to take up stallion duties at Klawervlei Stud in 2015.
Legislate was named South Africa's Horse of the Year at a glittering awards ceremony in Johannesburg Aug. 13.
Progeny of leading sire Var dominated South Africa's premier day of sprints at Scottsville racecourse May 24.
Boldly overcoming his wide draw, South Africa's Variety Club made all the pace and won the $1 million Godolphin Mile (UAE-II) over defending victor Soft Falling Rain March 29 at Meydan.
Runner-up in the same race last year, Hill Fifty Four conquered a high-class field in Cape Town's most famous and fashionable horse race.
Favored Happy Valentine proved a classy winner of South Africa's Allan Robertson Championship May 25, one of four group I sprints at 1,200 meters at Scottsville Racecourse in Kwa Zulu Natal.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group