Although his Derby Trail run ended with disappointment, grade I winner Tamarando has a chance to claim a lucrative consolation prize as the likely favorite in the $250,000 Snow Chief Stakes April 26 at Santa Anita Park.
Weewinnin, emerging at the rail in the stretch, ran away from his rivals to win the $250,000 California Cup Turf Classic at 21-1 odds by 2 1/4 lengths at Santa Anita Park Jan. 25.
Summer Hit is the clear standout in a field of 14 entered for the $250,000 California Cup Turf Classic, one of three races for older horses included in the Sunshine Millions/California Cup lineup Jan. 25 at Santa Anita Park.
Weewinnin, who blew out the Betfair Hollywood Park toteboard at 60-1 to take the King Glorious Stakes Dec. 16, will try two turns for the first time in the $300,000 California Breeders Champion Stakes Jan. 26 at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- NTRA Calls for Industry Support of Tax Reform
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- What's Going On Here: America's Horse
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau