Resplendency, a 3-year-old filly trained by Bob Baffert, held off a late charge from Puxa Saco to win the $113,550 Monrovia Handicap by a length as jockey Casey Fusilier won his first stakes ever at Santa Anita.
Icantgoforthat, overlooked at 22-1 under substitute jockey Joe Steiner, led all the way in winning the $96,825 Daisycutter Handicap for older fillies and mares at five furlongs on the Del Mar grass course Friday.
Golden Eagle Farm's Long Term Wish and jockey Alex Solis hit the wire just in time to register a 14-1 upset in the $112,500 Boo La Boo Stakes for California-bred 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Santa Anita.
Twelve 2-year-old Cal-bred fillies are set to go Wednesday in Del Mar's $100,000 Generous Portion Stakes at 6 furlongs on the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze