Resplendency, a 3-year-old filly trained by Bob Baffert, held off a late charge from Puxa Saco to win the $113,550 Monrovia Handicap by a length as jockey Casey Fusilier won his first stakes ever at Santa Anita.
Icantgoforthat, overlooked at 22-1 under substitute jockey Joe Steiner, led all the way in winning the $96,825 Daisycutter Handicap for older fillies and mares at five furlongs on the Del Mar grass course Friday.
Golden Eagle Farm's Long Term Wish and jockey Alex Solis hit the wire just in time to register a 14-1 upset in the $112,500 Boo La Boo Stakes for California-bred 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Santa Anita.
Twelve 2-year-old Cal-bred fillies are set to go Wednesday in Del Mar's $100,000 Generous Portion Stakes at 6 furlongs on the main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Thomas Enjoying Versatile Bridlewood Role
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight