Dr. Gary Wilson, Kentucky's chief racetrack veterinarian, was given a letter Dec. 23 stating his services were no longer needed, according to Mark York, executive director of communications for the state Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet, which oversees the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority.
Kentucky chief veterinarian Mitzi Fisher served notice July 13 of her intent to retire, according to Mark York, executive director of communications and public outreach for the Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet, which oversees the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority.
The search for an executive director, jockey helmet issues are keeping members of the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority very busy.
A decision by the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority Monday to temporarily suspend a state rule requiring jockeys to wear a specific type of helmet will not immediately go into effect.
- By Victor Ryan
Jesse Skees, who serves as executive director of the Office of Inspector General for the Kentucky Natural Resources and Environmental Public Protection Authority, will be the acting executive director of the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority until a permanent replacement is found.
Bernie Hettel, executive director of the now-defunct Kentucky Racing Commission for nearly 20 years, submitted his resignation on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image