The Aus$1million Australian Cup (Aus-I) at Flemington on 8 March marked the end of a magnificent career and the emergence of a new staying superstar.
The Kelt Capital Stakes, New Zealand's richest race, was worth NZ$2 million (US $1,500,000) and was brilliantly won by Princess Coup. The mare is now headed to Australia to contest the AUS$3 million (US$2.7 million) Caulfield Cup later this month.
Australian-breds completed an unprecedented classic New Zealand double when Princess Coup stormed away to win the NZ Oaks (NZ-I) north of the nation's capital, Wellington, on March 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Inside Yearling Sales Prep: Behavior
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Wise Dan Passes Return Test in Flying Colors
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup
- Jo Jo Warrior Helps Zayat Celebrate Birthday
- Stonestreet Has Star in Making in Atreides
- Plesa Sweeps Juvenile Stakes at Monmouth