The Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing by the publisher of Thoroughbred Times lists liabilities of nearly $5.3 million and assets totaling just under $1 million.
Thoroughbred Times, a Lexington-based magazine dedicated to the Thoroughbred racing industry, declared Chapter 7 bankruptcy and terminated operations Sept. 14, editor in chief Mark Simon confirmed the following day.
Kentucky breeding farm Castleton Lyons and the Thoroughbred Times have joined forces to establish an annual award of $10,000 for the year's best book on Thoroughbreds.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity