Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Facility in Georgetown, Ky., has elected three new members to its Board of Directors.
The Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing by the publisher of Thoroughbred Times lists liabilities of nearly $5.3 million and assets totaling just under $1 million.
Thoroughbred Times, a Lexington-based magazine dedicated to the Thoroughbred racing industry, declared Chapter 7 bankruptcy and terminated operations Sept. 14, editor in chief Mark Simon confirmed the following day.
Kentucky breeding farm Castleton Lyons and the Thoroughbred Times have joined forces to establish an annual award of $10,000 for the year's best book on Thoroughbreds.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile