Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Facility in Georgetown, Ky., has elected three new members to its Board of Directors.
The Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing by the publisher of Thoroughbred Times lists liabilities of nearly $5.3 million and assets totaling just under $1 million.
Thoroughbred Times, a Lexington-based magazine dedicated to the Thoroughbred racing industry, declared Chapter 7 bankruptcy and terminated operations Sept. 14, editor in chief Mark Simon confirmed the following day.
Kentucky breeding farm Castleton Lyons and the Thoroughbred Times have joined forces to establish an annual award of $10,000 for the year's best book on Thoroughbreds.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal