Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale generated its highest-ever gross of 31,039,000 guineas ($52,606,680 in U.S. funds) during a four-day run in England.
A son of Exceed and Excel topped the third session of Book 2 of the Tattersalls October yearling sale, bringing 200,000 guineas ($337,922 in U.S. funds). Mark Richards of the Hong Kong Jockey Club purchased the chestnut colt.
The Book 2 portion of the Tattersalls October yearling sale ended its three-day run with a bang as the most expensive horse of the auction was sold. The son of Exceed and Excel bought 260,000 guineas ($427,718).
Most Popular Stories
- Spendthrift Buys Breeding Rights to Palace
- Lovely Maria Out Rest of Year
- Wyoming to Shut Down Historical Racing Games
- Stellar Wind Fresh for Distaff
- Midlantic Sale Topped by Malibu Moon Filly
- Galileo Yearlings Top Tattersalls Opener
- Papa John's Pizza to Support Aftercare
- Compromise Sought on KY Downs Dates Request
- Woodford Stakes Grade Reinstated
- Innovation in Racing Not Without Obstacles