Appeal, a winning 4-year-old daughter of Selkirk, brought the top price of 110,000 guineas ($182,325 in U.S. funds) to top the Tattersalls February mixed sale in England.
Hooray took the lead from start and was never challenged on her way to recording an impressive 4 1/2-length victory in the Adnams Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 1.
The gross and average declined but the median rose during the second session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale in England.
Favored Albanova won her third consecutive German group I, capturing the IVG-Preis von Europa at Cologne Sunday by a half-length over Saldentigerin, but she made hard work of it under strong urging from jockey Seb Sanders.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- White Beauty Lineage
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby