Appeal, a winning 4-year-old daughter of Selkirk, brought the top price of 110,000 guineas ($182,325 in U.S. funds) to top the Tattersalls February mixed sale in England.
Hooray took the lead from start and was never challenged on her way to recording an impressive 4 1/2-length victory in the Adnams Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 1.
The gross and average declined but the median rose during the second session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale in England.
Favored Albanova won her third consecutive German group I, capturing the IVG-Preis von Europa at Cologne Sunday by a half-length over Saldentigerin, but she made hard work of it under strong urging from jockey Seb Sanders.
Most Popular Stories
- Storm Washes Away Texas Mile at Lone Star
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill
- Shared Belief Recovering at Golden Gate
- Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
- Keeneland Spring Handle Figures Down
- Record Average for OBS Spring Sale
- TimeformUS Ky Derby Prep Trip Notes Excerpt
- Derby Jockey Walker Influenced Breeders
- Casner Still Committed to Salix-Free Racing