Appeal, a winning 4-year-old daughter of Selkirk, brought the top price of 110,000 guineas ($182,325 in U.S. funds) to top the Tattersalls February mixed sale in England.
Hooray took the lead from start and was never challenged on her way to recording an impressive 4 1/2-length victory in the Adnams Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 1.
The gross and average declined but the median rose during the second session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale in England.
Favored Albanova won her third consecutive German group I, capturing the IVG-Preis von Europa at Cologne Sunday by a half-length over Saldentigerin, but she made hard work of it under strong urging from jockey Seb Sanders.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Revolutionary Equine Waste Recycling System
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31