Appeal, a winning 4-year-old daughter of Selkirk, brought the top price of 110,000 guineas ($182,325 in U.S. funds) to top the Tattersalls February mixed sale in England.
Hooray took the lead from start and was never challenged on her way to recording an impressive 4 1/2-length victory in the Adnams Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 1.
The gross and average declined but the median rose during the second session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale in England.
Favored Albanova won her third consecutive German group I, capturing the IVG-Preis von Europa at Cologne Sunday by a half-length over Saldentigerin, but she made hard work of it under strong urging from jockey Seb Sanders.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin