Appeal, a winning 4-year-old daughter of Selkirk, brought the top price of 110,000 guineas ($182,325 in U.S. funds) to top the Tattersalls February mixed sale in England.
Hooray took the lead from start and was never challenged on her way to recording an impressive 4 1/2-length victory in the Adnams Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 1.
The gross and average declined but the median rose during the second session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale in England.
Favored Albanova won her third consecutive German group I, capturing the IVG-Preis von Europa at Cologne Sunday by a half-length over Saldentigerin, but she made hard work of it under strong urging from jockey Seb Sanders.
Most Popular Stories
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- Lopez Family Faces Off at Golden Gate
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Old Friends Cabin Creek Welcomes Be Bullish
- Miss Temple City on Schedule for Royal Ascot
- MarketWatch: McPeek on Yearling Selection