Appeal, a winning 4-year-old daughter of Selkirk, brought the top price of 110,000 guineas ($182,325 in U.S. funds) to top the Tattersalls February mixed sale in England.
Hooray took the lead from start and was never challenged on her way to recording an impressive 4 1/2-length victory in the Adnams Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 1.
The gross and average declined but the median rose during the second session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale in England.
Favored Albanova won her third consecutive German group I, capturing the IVG-Preis von Europa at Cologne Sunday by a half-length over Saldentigerin, but she made hard work of it under strong urging from jockey Seb Sanders.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September