Appeal, a winning 4-year-old daughter of Selkirk, brought the top price of 110,000 guineas ($182,325 in U.S. funds) to top the Tattersalls February mixed sale in England.
Hooray took the lead from start and was never challenged on her way to recording an impressive 4 1/2-length victory in the Adnams Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Oct. 1.
The gross and average declined but the median rose during the second session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale in England.
Favored Albanova won her third consecutive German group I, capturing the IVG-Preis von Europa at Cologne Sunday by a half-length over Saldentigerin, but she made hard work of it under strong urging from jockey Seb Sanders.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- Barbados Returns in Carry Back
- Java's War Seeks Elusive Win in Singspiel
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Race Day Heads Loaded Salvator Mile
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Watsdachances Takes Aim at Dance Smartly