BloodHorse.com has announced the return of the interactive game "Breeders' Cup Bracket Battles" presented by Youbet.com. Beginning Oct. 1, and for the five-week period leading up to this year's Breeders' Cup World Championships.
The Super Derby at Harrah's Louisiana Downs will double in value to $1 million if Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Street Sense, Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Curlin, or Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Rags to Riches participate in the Sept. 22 race.
A Super Derby day worth $1.3 million, a new Super Derby prelude day, Louisiana Downs champions day, and the richest prep race in the nation for the new Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf, highlight a stakes schedule worth more than $3.4 million at Harrah's Louisiana Downs in 2007. The racing season begins Friday, May 4 and continues through Oct. 20.
Racing can learn much from its partners from the casino business, a panel of analysts told a couple hundred participants Dec. 5 in the 33rd Symposium of Racing & Gaming in Tucson, Ariz.
The 2006 race meet at Harrah's Louisiana Downs came to a close on Saturday with a 4% increase in average daily handle.
Derron Heldt, John Finamore, and Mark Midland were elected directors of the Thoroughbred Racing Associations at the organization's board of directors meeting Aug. 18 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Mark Midland has been promoted to vice president of racing operations for Harrah's Louisiana Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt