Illinois racing dates may be vacated and laboratory operations curtailed if the state legislature does not quickly reauthorize advance deposit wagering, Illinois Racing Board officials said April 30.
A two-day examination of the dirt surface at Arlington Park revealed nothing that would lead officials to believe the track is unsafe.
Add the Illinois Racing Board to the list of those who have little idea what has caused the recent spate of fatal breakdowns of horses at Arlington Park Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- Kingman vs. Toronado at Glorious Goodwood