Illinois racing dates may be vacated and laboratory operations curtailed if the state legislature does not quickly reauthorize advance deposit wagering, Illinois Racing Board officials said April 30.
A two-day examination of the dirt surface at Arlington Park revealed nothing that would lead officials to believe the track is unsafe.
Add the Illinois Racing Board to the list of those who have little idea what has caused the recent spate of fatal breakdowns of horses at Arlington Park Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Smith Eagerly Awaits 'Chrome'-Arrogate Rematch
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Lea Gets Bay Filly as First Foal
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Champion Steeplechaser Rawnaq to Miss 2017 Season
- Pegasus Features Several Unique Conditions