Illinois racing dates may be vacated and laboratory operations curtailed if the state legislature does not quickly reauthorize advance deposit wagering, Illinois Racing Board officials said April 30.
A two-day examination of the dirt surface at Arlington Park revealed nothing that would lead officials to believe the track is unsafe.
Add the Illinois Racing Board to the list of those who have little idea what has caused the recent spate of fatal breakdowns of horses at Arlington Park Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Smith Has Calming Influence on Tom's Tribute
- Lameness Knocks Magician Out of BC Turf
- Silver Charm Pensioned, Returning to Kentucky
- Free as a Bird Refuses to Fly, Out of Cup
- Zenyatta: Champion Mother
- Jury Fails to Reach Verdict in Mare Case
- American Pharoah Out of BC Juvenile
- Hopes of Calderon, Peru with Valiant Emilia
- Miss Mischief Seeking to Make the Grade