Illinois racing dates may be vacated and laboratory operations curtailed if the state legislature does not quickly reauthorize advance deposit wagering, Illinois Racing Board officials said April 30.
A two-day examination of the dirt surface at Arlington Park revealed nothing that would lead officials to believe the track is unsafe.
Add the Illinois Racing Board to the list of those who have little idea what has caused the recent spate of fatal breakdowns of horses at Arlington Park Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing