Illinois racing dates may be vacated and laboratory operations curtailed if the state legislature does not quickly reauthorize advance deposit wagering, Illinois Racing Board officials said April 30.
A two-day examination of the dirt surface at Arlington Park revealed nothing that would lead officials to believe the track is unsafe.
Add the Illinois Racing Board to the list of those who have little idea what has caused the recent spate of fatal breakdowns of horses at Arlington Park Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al