When Heiligbrodt Stable's Caught in the Rain ran fourth in the Top Flight Handicap (gr. II) last month, she was facing tougher horses and running around one turn. On Saturday, she will face a softer cast and two turns on Aqueduct's inner dirt track in the 134th running of the $100,000 Ladies Handicap (gr. III) going 1 1/4 miles.
Trainer Mark Hennig is entering a pair of multiple stakes winners, Raging Fever and Gold Mover, in the $100,000 The First Lady Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs on Friday at Gulfstream Park.
Four of the five top juvenile fillies on the 2000 Experimental Free Handicap are among the 85 nominations for the grade I Ashland Stakes to be run at Keeneland Race Course on April 7th.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Arqana Sale Closes With Records