When Heiligbrodt Stable's Caught in the Rain ran fourth in the Top Flight Handicap (gr. II) last month, she was facing tougher horses and running around one turn. On Saturday, she will face a softer cast and two turns on Aqueduct's inner dirt track in the 134th running of the $100,000 Ladies Handicap (gr. III) going 1 1/4 miles.
Trainer Mark Hennig is entering a pair of multiple stakes winners, Raging Fever and Gold Mover, in the $100,000 The First Lady Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs on Friday at Gulfstream Park.
Four of the five top juvenile fillies on the 2000 Experimental Free Handicap are among the 85 nominations for the grade I Ashland Stakes to be run at Keeneland Race Course on April 7th.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development