Istintaj, the 4-5 favorite in Sunday's Deputy Minister Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park, took a slim lead just inside the eighth pole to win the 6 1/2-furlong bout by a half-length. Among his rivals were 3-1 second choice Fappie's Notebook, who finished second, and 21-1 longshot Fantastic Finish, who led for most of the race before giving way in the last yards to finish third. The winner paid $3.80, the exacta returned $15.20, and the trifecta was worth $692.00.
Edward Evans’ 2-year-old filly With Ability will miss the remainder of the year due to a saucer fracture of her left front shin.
Raging Fever, one of several fast juvenile fillies owned by Edward Evans, heads a field of six 2-year-old fillies entered in the 6 1/2-furlong Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) Monday at Saratoga.
Edward Evans' homebred 2-year-old filly Gold Mover remained undefeated from four career races after narrowly holding off maiden Seeking It All in the $108,200 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. II), the opening day feature Wednesday at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Dynamic Trade Continues at Arqana Sale
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise