In the days immediately following the tornado, Hagyard staff began accepting donations of medical and grooming supplies, tack, and money to help the Oklahoma horses. After weeks of collection, it's all shipping out.
All-sources handle for 2006 Virginia horse racing hit a record high of $192,509,054, according to figures released Jan. 22 by the Virginia Racing Commission.
- By Nick Hahn
Old races may provide new funds to maintain Virginia roads should lawmakers pass a bill that has been re-introduced in the General Assembly. A similar bill that had been submitted during the General Assembly's special transportation session last September was passed over.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California