In the days immediately following the tornado, Hagyard staff began accepting donations of medical and grooming supplies, tack, and money to help the Oklahoma horses. After weeks of collection, it's all shipping out.
All-sources handle for 2006 Virginia horse racing hit a record high of $192,509,054, according to figures released Jan. 22 by the Virginia Racing Commission.
- By Nick Hahn
Old races may provide new funds to maintain Virginia roads should lawmakers pass a bill that has been re-introduced in the General Assembly. A similar bill that had been submitted during the General Assembly's special transportation session last September was passed over.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- White Beauty Lineage
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience