In the days immediately following the tornado, Hagyard staff began accepting donations of medical and grooming supplies, tack, and money to help the Oklahoma horses. After weeks of collection, it's all shipping out.
All-sources handle for 2006 Virginia horse racing hit a record high of $192,509,054, according to figures released Jan. 22 by the Virginia Racing Commission.
Old races may provide new funds to maintain Virginia roads should lawmakers pass a bill that has been re-introduced in the General Assembly. A similar bill that had been submitted during the General Assembly's special transportation session last September was passed over.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy