Maritimer, winner of the 2011 Coronation Futurity and champion Canadian 2-year-old, makes his first start since March 31 in Dubai in the $150,000 Autumn Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine Nov. 10.
Falls of Lora will seek to emulate her stablemate Khawlah when she takes on colts in the $2 million UAE Derby Sponsored by the Saeed & Mohammed Al Naboodah Group (UAE-II) at Meydan Racecourse March 31.
Probable 2011 Canadian champion 2-year-old male Maritimer has been sold but the owner is apparently not controversial Chechen president Ramzan Kadyrov.
Maritimer made a strong case for a Sovereign Award as Canada's champion 2-year-old male when he coasted to victory in Woodbine's $167,307 Display Stakes Nov. 27.
Favored Maritimer took the lead coming off the far turn and held off his rivals through the stretch to win the $246,263 Coronation Futurity at Woodbine by 2 1/4 lengths Nov. 6.
This may be just the beginning for Finale, who earned a starting slot in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IT) with a three-quarters of a length win in the Summer Stakes Presented by TVG (Can-IIIT) on the Woodbine lawn.
Finale, a 10 1/2-length stakes winner in his last start, is expected to be the heavy favorite in the $250,000 Summer Stakes (Can-IIIT) Sept. 17 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Can't Hurt Shared Belief
- What's Going On Here: A Rich Trifecta
- Health Zone: Hoof Care - Hoof Anatomy
- Slideshow: Owner and Breeder Aaron Jones
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Long-Term Vision Possible After Equine Cataract Surgery
- Two-Time GI Winner Strategic Maneuver Dies
- Figures Decline at F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Rosalind to Fasig-Tipton November Sale