A $310,000 son of Giant's Causeway topped the second session of the 2008 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale at the sale company's Newtown Paddocks near Lexington. Despite six horses bringing six figure prices, the overall statistics for the sale continue to slide.
A colt by by one of the world's hottest sires, Giant's Causeway, sold for $650,000 around lunchtime Tuesday at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling auction.
Tres Fine, a 3-year-old broodmare by Star of the Crop in foal to classic winner and champion Silver Charm, went to Marion G. Montanari for $42,000 to top the first of two open sessions of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s 2002 fall mixed sale. For the session, the 179 horses sold averaged $4,474, almost identical to the $4,490 average a year ago,
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Into Mischief Filly MHBA Yearling Show Champ
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY Track, Equipment Co. Offers Scholarship
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup