Penn National and Charles Town racetracks have imposed restrictions on horses shipping to their tracks as a result of suspected cases of equine herpesvirus in the Mid Atlantic region.
The Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center in Leesburg, Va., has been awarded a $25,000 grant from Thoroughbred Charities of America and a $5,000 grant from the Maryland Horse Industries Board to help construct and equip new laboratory facilities designed to support its growing equine research program.
Most Popular Stories
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- BloodHorse Horizontal Navigation: Sales
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- Researchers Evaluate Hoof Wall Tubule Density, Morphology