Led by two colts who each brought $100,000, the first session of the Barretts October Yearling Sale rose 47.15% in average, to $27,145. The 55 head sold at the Oct. 11 session grossed $1,493,000, up 42% from the 2010 gross.
Grade I winner Burning Roma was represented by his first winner when Jitter in Rome won by 11 1/2 lengths Aug. 22 at Mountaineer Park.
The New York Racing Association will move up the 2005 Saratoga seat lottery to Oct. 31, 2004 in order to speed up the processing of seat requests.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry