Led by two colts who each brought $100,000, the first session of the Barretts October Yearling Sale rose 47.15% in average, to $27,145. The 55 head sold at the Oct. 11 session grossed $1,493,000, up 42% from the 2010 gross.
Grade I winner Burning Roma was represented by his first winner when Jitter in Rome won by 11 1/2 lengths Aug. 22 at Mountaineer Park.
The New York Racing Association will move up the 2005 Saratoga seat lottery to Oct. 31, 2004 in order to speed up the processing of seat requests.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos