When Carleigh Fedorka joined the Chesapeake Farm staff in front of a TV to watch a promising homebred earn his first career victory by 13 3/4 lengths in March 2009, she had no idea how deeply she'd eventually be connected to the big gray gelding.
Ben's Cat will be back to defend his crown against nine rivals in the $200,000 Pennsylvania Governor's Cup on the night of July 28, at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
Roman Tiger, whose two stakes wins this year include a triumph in the Tampa Bay Stakes, headlines a field of nine in the Sussex Stakes at the same 1 1/16-mile distance as the Tampa Bay Stakes.
Three grade I winners--To Honor and Serve, Jersey Town, and Boys at Tosconova--headline the $150,000 Westchester (gr. III) April 28, the first of 35 stakes at Belmont Park's 2012 spring/summer meet.
A sharp claim a year ago, Marilyn's Guy notched his first graded stakes victory March 17 at Aqueduct when he held off a game effort by San Pablo to win by a neck in the $150,000 Excelsior (gr. III).
Burning Sands Stable's San Pablo has been nearly flawless for more than a year, and now he will try to take his game to the next level in the $150,000 Excelsior Stakes (gr. III) March 17 at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement