Trainer Pat Byrne had Take Charge Indy sharp for the Alysheba Stakes (gr. III), but even he did not expect the overpowering 6-length performance the 2012 Florida Derby (gr. I) winner turned in May 3 at Churchill Downs.
Florida Derby (gr. I) winner Take Charge Indy continued his preparations for Friday's $400,000 Clark Handicap Presented by Norton Healthcare (gr. I) with a three-furlong workout in :35 2/5.
Take Charge Indy, who won the Florida Derby (gr. I) earlier this year before being sidelined by an injury, could run at Keeneland this fall.
Price surpasses sale-topping amount at 2009 edition of February juvenile auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North