Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile will be a key race in determining whether throat surgery earlier this year helped Park Avenue Ball, who will be running at his home track.
Charles J. Hesse III, a successful New Jersey breeder/owner, died Nov. 13 in New York after a short illness.
Charles Hesse III and his wife Marianne, who have raced as Char-Mari Stable at Monmouth Park for several decades, were named the 2003 recipients of the Virgil (Buddy) Raines Distinguished Achievement Award. Mr. and Mrs. Hesse were honored in winner's circle ceremonies on Aug. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- RMTC Nears Recommendation on Calming Agent
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn