Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile will be a key race in determining whether throat surgery earlier this year helped Park Avenue Ball, who will be running at his home track.
Charles J. Hesse III, a successful New Jersey breeder/owner, died Nov. 13 in New York after a short illness.
Charles Hesse III and his wife Marianne, who have raced as Char-Mari Stable at Monmouth Park for several decades, were named the 2003 recipients of the Virgil (Buddy) Raines Distinguished Achievement Award. Mr. and Mrs. Hesse were honored in winner's circle ceremonies on Aug. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11