Favored Daredevil cruised to victory in the $500,000 Champagne Stakes (gr. I) on a sloppy track at Belmont Park Oct. 4, handing trainer Todd Pletcher his third consecutive win in the prestigious race.
In a star-studded field that included some of the biggest name sprinters on the East Coast, it was little-known Here Comes Ben that came from off the pace to spring a 9-1 upset in the $250,000 Forego Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 4.
Albertus Maximus wore down a stubborn Finallymadeit in the final stages to win the $489,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I) in the 5-year-old's first start for Shadwell Stable and trainer Kiaran McLaughlin.
Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile winner Albertus Maximus will be aimed at the Dubai World Cup program after recently being acquired by Sheikh Hamdan's American-based Shadwell Stable.
Most Popular Stories
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill
- Espinoza Back for More in Kentucky Derby