Favored Daredevil cruised to victory in the $500,000 Champagne Stakes (gr. I) on a sloppy track at Belmont Park Oct. 4, handing trainer Todd Pletcher his third consecutive win in the prestigious race.
In a star-studded field that included some of the biggest name sprinters on the East Coast, it was little-known Here Comes Ben that came from off the pace to spring a 9-1 upset in the $250,000 Forego Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 4.
Albertus Maximus wore down a stubborn Finallymadeit in the final stages to win the $489,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I) in the 5-year-old's first start for Shadwell Stable and trainer Kiaran McLaughlin.
Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile winner Albertus Maximus will be aimed at the Dubai World Cup program after recently being acquired by Sheikh Hamdan's American-based Shadwell Stable.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve