Favored Daredevil cruised to victory in the $500,000 Champagne Stakes (gr. I) on a sloppy track at Belmont Park Oct. 4, handing trainer Todd Pletcher his third consecutive win in the prestigious race.
In a star-studded field that included some of the biggest name sprinters on the East Coast, it was little-known Here Comes Ben that came from off the pace to spring a 9-1 upset in the $250,000 Forego Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 4.
Albertus Maximus wore down a stubborn Finallymadeit in the final stages to win the $489,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I) in the 5-year-old's first start for Shadwell Stable and trainer Kiaran McLaughlin.
Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile winner Albertus Maximus will be aimed at the Dubai World Cup program after recently being acquired by Sheikh Hamdan's American-based Shadwell Stable.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn