Favored Daredevil cruised to victory in the $500,000 Champagne Stakes (gr. I) on a sloppy track at Belmont Park Oct. 4, handing trainer Todd Pletcher his third consecutive win in the prestigious race.
In a star-studded field that included some of the biggest name sprinters on the East Coast, it was little-known Here Comes Ben that came from off the pace to spring a 9-1 upset in the $250,000 Forego Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 4.
Albertus Maximus wore down a stubborn Finallymadeit in the final stages to win the $489,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I) in the 5-year-old's first start for Shadwell Stable and trainer Kiaran McLaughlin.
Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile winner Albertus Maximus will be aimed at the Dubai World Cup program after recently being acquired by Sheikh Hamdan's American-based Shadwell Stable.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag